Type 8 H-rail suspension is a method of suspending FabricAir ducts. The H-rail, so named because it looks like an H in the cross section, is made out of anodized aluminum, making it an excellent choice for corrosive environments.
Receiving the Order
- There are typically 2 UPS shipments for each order.
- Suspension hardware is shipped from US warehouse.
- Fabric is shipped from Europe.
* These shipments may arrive on different days. Early Hardware delivery is available for a fee.
- Boxes are labeled individually with the following information:
- Order number (Fabric: 7 digit # 15xxxxx, Suspension: 9 digit # 2015xxxxx).
- Box # → (__) of (__) ← total shipment quantity.
- Contents of the box.
- Always open Box #1 first and locate bag with paperwork. This bag contains:
- System drawings (there is a drawing for each fabric system).
- Installation Guide booklet (these are not specific, but cover all scenarios per suspension type).
- Packing List by Box (list details the contents of every box).
- Packing List by System (list details which box contains each component of each fabric system).
*NOTE* Boxes are not packed per system, but rather to optimize space available for shipping. Packing list is created by scanning components as they are packed into boxes.
- Check to make sure you have each box from both shipments before proceeding.
Unpacking the Order
Suspension Hardware Shipment:
- Suspension systems are built from interchangeable components.
- Rails are 2 meters long (78 ¾”). Extruded anodized aluminum may be cut to length as necessary.
*PRO TIP* Standard wood miter saw works the best for clean cuts.
- Adjustable cable drops are available in 2m (6.5’), 5m (16.5’) & 10m (33’) precut, pre-looped lengths.
*Exceptions* (Suspension Hardware that arrives with Fabric).
- Type 8 Suspension: Factory bent H-Rail is provided for horizontal elbows.
- Be sure to have clean hands and a clean work area to prevent soiling the FabricAir system.
- Fabric sections arrive in bags. Keep these bags when consolidating sections of each system to keep fabric clean. Only remove from and discard bag when fabric is ready to be hung.
- Each fabric section has a unique identifying tag, showing order number and unique section number.
- These section numbers correspond to the assembly drawings included in Box 1.
- Order number → (xxxxxxx).(xx) ← section number.
- All sections should be assembled in order as shown on system drawing.
- Tag is always located upstream.
- Elbows sections, when laid flat, appear to be less than listed angle. Ex: 90° will look like a ~60° elbow.
- Only when held round (inflated) do the elbows match the listed angle.
- DO NOT use flattened elbow sections to lay out suspension system. Suspension system should be installed according to system drawings.
Installing the System
- Read Installation Guide prior to installing suspension. Instructions are diagram and schematic based, for use all around the world.
- Table of Contents shows every single page of booklet. Suspension-specific drawings are followed by General “G” drawings at the end of the booklet.
- Page 1 shows all suspension components with part numbers. These part numbers are referenced throughout the booklet with bubbled callouts.
- Many diagrams show bubbled callouts referring to “G” drawings as well.
- All measurements should be taken, using metal supply duct as reference point.
- All anchors to structure shall be provided by contractor.
- Vertical anchor points (cable and rail) should be able to handle at least 25lbs force.
- Suspension should be installed prior to unpacking and installing fabric.
- Branches and Reducers may be top-aligned, center-aligned, or bottom-aligned.
- Take note prior to installing. If drawings are unclear, contact FabricAir for clarity.
- Fabric systems with All-in-One or Internal 360° hoops hang 2” below H-Rail.
- “Classic” systems, without shape retaining hardware, hang 1 ¼” below the H-Rail
Type 8 Single H-Rail Suspension Specifics
- Begin each straight run with 2 vertical drops to level the first rail.
- Use H-Rail Endcaps provided at the end of each run to cover raw end where cut.
- H-Rail connectors require 10mm socket (or adjustable wrench).
- Use TX connectors for top-aligned branch take-offs.
- Elbows 70° and greater have 4-gores, and a custom “3-bend” rail provided.
- This 3-bend rail extends from zipper to zipper.
- The 3-bend for elbows 40”Ø and greater, arrives in 3 pieces to be assembled on site.
- Elbows less than 70° have 2 gores and a “1-bend” rail provided
- Straight run rail length must be adjusted based on the drawings provided in box 1.
Shape Retaining Hardware
- All-in-One arrives pre-installed in the duct, for all diameters.
- All-in-One provides 180° coverage up to 48”Ø and decreasing coverage for diameters up to 80”Ø.
- Internal 360° hoops arrive pre-installed up to 26”Ø.
- Internal 360° hoops 28”Ø up to 50”Ø must be installed on site by contractor.
- Install guides available here: https://www.fabricair.com/en/suspension/type-8
- Check out our videos here: https://www.fabricair.com/en/about-fabricair/videos
- For additional installation guidance please give us a call: (502)493-2210 or reach out via email: Sales-US@fabricair.com